Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I'm still waiting for pictures which I'll post at a later date but I thought I'd share an observation that I made about the Australian Wesleyan Church. It seems all this time we've been serving the same God, reading the same Bible, and needing the same Spirit of God to lead, empower, comfort, and heal us. I know that isn't really very earthshattering but as I talked with different pastors and observed different churches it amazed me how God is leading His people in the same way all over this world. The two largest and fastest growing Wesleyan churches in Australia are both putting a high emphasis on worship and Praise and building a sense of community. We attended Sunday services in both these locations and I was blown away at how eager people seemed to be to connect with God. Their hunger was so evident. We were treated so well by the people that I had a strong desire to just stay and attend these churches. I wish all of those things could be said of every church but I've observed people tend to be more concerned with their own preferrences or feeling good themselves then they are about outreach and ministry. The reality we all have to get a grip on is God should be the only one we are trying to please. Everyone elses opinions "mean about as much to me as a bowl of festering dog snot"

Now on to hockey. No season and I really don't care. I heard rumours that another party wanted to buy the whole league and axe all the Canadian teams. This would have been the death of the Habs once and for all. Bring me that petition and I will sign.

NCAA Basketball - Go UCONN!!!!

If you get a chance to please pray for me. I've been under attack by the enemy quite a bit over the last month. God has been doing amazing things at our church but gossip and bitterness has been rearing its ugly head and has been trying to destroy what God has been doing. That's all I'll say in this venue. Thanks for your prayers.

Kirk "no I didn't club a Koala but I sure would like the opportunity to again" Perry

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?