Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 23, 2005

I finished my half marathon this morning. (21 km) It was difficult but not as hard as I thought it would be. All those hours of DDR actually were paying off. My time was 2 hours and 5 minutes which is not real fast but I was hoping to finish in under 3 hours so it was good for me. I ran just over 16 km before I stopped to walk for 200 m and then ran the rest of the way. In hind sight stopping just made everything harder. As soon as I did my arms and legs felt like lead. If I do it again next year I think I might train longer than 3 weeks. My favourite part was when I finished, Darren who had my car wasn't there to meet me so I ended up walking home (2 more km) Actually Darren left my car at Tim's house and I staggared towards it hoping to be able to drive the last km home but Darren left the car and took the keys with him. I'll finish with this special message to my nemesis:(surprisingly not Darren) So nemesis how many half marathons have you run? Have fun with your drip drop lessons. (and you call yourself a runner)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?