Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hockey season started last night and I had my first oportunity to watch a shoot out at the end of the Sens, Leafs game. This has to be one of the stupidest things that the NHL has ever done. I can just hear them talking about this "Let's decide ties by focusing on one skill making the entire game just played utterly meaningless" Their justification well it will entertain the fans. The NHL thinks that their fans are too stupid to realize that their game is being turned into a cheesy insult to sports. My question is why focus on that skill? Why not settle games by having the biggest hitters on each team skate towards each other and try to knock each other over? or let's settle games by a hotdog eating contest at center ice or set up one of those nets with the board covering it except for a small slot in the middle and the first team to hit the hole from center ice wins the game and a car. In case you haven't figured it out I don't support the shoot out. If my arguments aren't enough to sway you hear this. Scottie Leighton (hab lover) thinks it's all a great idea. I rest my case.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?