Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today's post is what I would like to call my Ode to Tim Branscombe.

Waves crash upon the shore shifting sand.
As we walk down the beach so lost hand in hand.
The sun sends its warmth streaming to our faces
and lights the path we stroll full of empty spaces.
What is it that we see off on the horizon?
I don't know. I don't know.
Could it be the guy that does the commercials for horizon?
I don't know. I don't know.
We collect ourselves and continue on.
frolicking across the new mown lawn.
We prance off the sand and leap to our car
knowing that there will be no need to go far.
What is the desire that drives us on?
Oh I know. Oh I know.
Not a Walk to Remember or the Wrath of Khan.
Oh I know. Oh I know.
We arrive at the place we've been seeking all night.
Tim jumps from the car and sprints with all his might.
He's giddy as a school girl excited and squirmin'
He couldn't wait for this film that stars Pee Wee Herman.
So who was the one holding his hand by the sea?
You should know. You should know.
Her name is Joan Branscombe, who else would it be?
You should know. You really should have known.

This is a true story about Tim's childhood that I totally made up. (someday I may reveal the poem about Tim's first time listening to Weird Al) (Just thinking about that story makes me cry.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?