Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 15, 2006

Pastors Did I Say That? Contest



Well I'm finally ready to reveal. This was of course inspired by the great "pitching tents" video that was sent around. First off this is a pastors who said something by mistake contest. None of these pastors should be held accountable for anything said here. It was a mistake and an unintentional one. For that reason I had to disqualify some of the entries. For Example: AJ Plazer saying he would be dating people in the congregation was no doubt a truthful statement. Some of the other submissions had to do with not checking a video clip thoroughly or telling people things they probably shouldn't have ...but they meant to. These do not qualify. Sooooo read through the quotes and vote on your favourite. (editor's note pretty much all of these quotes have been used without permission from the authors)

Warning the following may offend people without a sense of humour or people that think that pastors cannot make mistakes. Read at your own risk!!!!



1. "And one final announcement, our Best Year's Fellowshit group, er,
fellowshiP, fellowSHIP. Oh, boy. That was close. Um. Yeah. They will
meet at 5pm at..." Mark Brewer

2. "Sometimes I wish God made it so I didn't like women."
Andrew Donovan

3. "I want all of you to know that your teens are all selfish" senior pastor whispers in the background "pssst I think you mean selfless" Tim Branscombe

4. We have parsonages the Anglican church has rectums...I mean rectorys.
Kirk Perry

5. Before I was born I got my mother pregnant. Scottie Leighton

6. (youth pastor from Australia trying to pray for particular groups of people in front of him) "...and God I want to pray for all the good looking people that are here and also for uh for uh ..." Greg Driscoll

7. When talking about Gideon taking on a Midianite horde with only three
hundred men, I accidentally left the "d" off. So, Gideon and his men
took on that nasty Midianite whore. Aaron Perry

8. On struggling with masturbation "but no matter how hard I
tried I couldn't beat it but finally with God's help I beat it." Nathan Smith

9. I said "Joseph was obedient to God for not sleeping with Potiphar,
and he still was thrown in jail." Brent Ingersoll

10. In the morning service, he was telling a story but kept
having to stop because he would forget details. Finally, he said,
"Sorry folks, in my old age, my memory has gotten somewhat erotic." He
then paused, laughed, and said, "Now, if I was a good preacher, I would
have kept talking and most of you would have thought I'd said
erratic,' not 'erotic.' Unfortunately, I'm not a good preacher. I
can't believe I just said that." H.C. Wilson

11. "I want to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Jones who will soon be with child."
Neville Gossman

Comments:
That was absolutely hilarious. You had my husband and I BOTH laughing SO hard!
 
The HC quote is very lose but it get's most of the basic blunder.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?