Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

These will be my last two stories from the adventures of Kirk. I debated not telling them since they are both self serving but then I thought if you've got it you better flaunt it because if you don't hardly anyone else will unless you pay them to. These stories are called:

Kirk Doesn't Pass the Bar

and

Kirk Raises Cane



While in Australia Caleb corrupted Kirk by taking him to several pubs and bars. Neither Kirk nor Caleb drink alcohol and so I fell in love with a non alcoholic drink which I ordered 20 to 30 times called "Lemon Lime and Bitters." I loved it so much that I brought a bottle of bitters back home with me. Any ways on my fourth day in Hawaii I had been too long without this drink and every restaurant I had tried to order it in just looked at me funny. No one had heard of it. I figured I knew how to solve this and so I sought out the Outback Steakhouse. (a little piece of Australia in the U.S.) I meandered up to the bar and ordered a lemon, lime and bitters. The bartender flashed me a winning smile (female not like the sticker guy) and said I've never heard of it how do you make it? I proceeded to tell her and she made me one and it was perfect. I offered to pay for it but she refused and offered me a second. So I have taught the Outback Steakhouse Corporation how to make an Aussie drink.

The second story took place in the airport in Sydney as I was waiting for my plane to Oahu. I was pacing around the terminal as I always do, (I hate sitting still) wearing my Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup Champions T Shirt when I was approached by a man who introduced himself as Don from South Carolina. I told him I was Kirk from Canada. The next thing he asked me sent a chill of joy down my spine. He said "So how long have you been playing for the Hurricanes" I said "excuse me" He said "it must have been great winning the cup this year" I then explained to him that I was a fan and not a player on the team. He probably thought I was Mike Commadore. Look up his picture I think you will see the resemblance.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?