Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I've had my fair share of creative Christmas trees in the past. It started with using different tree toppers. The first being a styrofoam cup with a rabbits face drawn on the front and spoons for ears, legs and arms. The next year it was the Sweet Expressions record album featuring a picture of Lawrence Croswell on the front and my parents on the back. Next was the Terminator bobble head tree topper. I went a different direction again the next year with my Ron Francis themed tree. The entire tree was covered with Ron Francis hockey cards with a bobble head on top and a McFarlene figurine not far from the top. Last year I completely decorated the tree with tools. I used 2 measuring tapes as garland. All that has brought me to this year and possibly my best tree yet. I come accross to many as a grinch during this season but my main reason for being upset is what we've done with this ancient celebration to the sun god. Oh yeah Christians "redeemed" the pagan festival into what we now know as Christmas. I decided that if I really believed this year that Christmas was going to be my celebration of the Incarnation of my Saviour then my centerpiece to the celebration should be a little more appropriate. Thus you see my tree in the picture below. (Best tree ever) I've been enjoying this Christmas as our church (myself included) has put a lot more focus on others then ourselves. If we can only get people (myself included) to do this all year round then we would have something. Merry Christmas.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?