Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I want to hold your hand 

Ok I'm back and the just for Matt I'm going to try and not "suck" when it comes to posting on my blog. I begin this new era of blogging with a recent true story from Beulah camp last week. My job at Beulah is to work in the kitchen and the last meal Sunday night I found myself doing the last of the cutlery. I was standing in the kitchen and reaching through a window towards the plastic container that was holding the silverware. (the container was full of hot water and javex to allow these utensils to soak) As I was reaching into the water someone thew in another fork so I readjusted my grip and attempted to pick up the fork as well. Suddenly I felt the pain of a slap as a person who I could not see slapped my hand. Instinctively I grabbed the hand and pulled it down into the dirty water and Javex and held the hand there for several moments. A struggle ensued and finally I relented and let the hand go. At that moment the unknown attacker walked around to where I could see her and I stood face to face with the musical guest for that evening's service: Allison Durham Speers. (no relation to Brittany) If you don't know who she is she is a regular on the Gaither videos and has performed concerts at Beulah camp a couple of times before. Realizing I had been forcibly holding hands with her in dirty dish water I said the first thing that came to my mind. "I thought you were trying to steal my fork" She giggled and all was well.

The moral of this story: When you decide to hold hands with someone it is a good idea to know who they are first. That way you can know whether to keep holding on or know when to stab them with a fork.



This is a video of Allison Durham Speers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?