Life on the rock. A Habhater's tale. <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 22, 2007

Spooning not so fun. 


Well I sliced my finger open last night with a spoon. Here is what happened. We were playing the game spoons and I reached and grabbed a spoon by the rounded cup shaped part. Unfortunately for me Scottie Leighton grabbed the handle and yanked on it. I was squeezing my end very hard and continued to as it slid through my finger. The dull edge of the spoon cut a path through several layers of my skin until it was free from my hand and totally within the grasp of Scottie's hand. I noticed a sharp pain on my finger and the drops of blood that were falling on the table immediately. Of course Scott Ingalls camp was not equipped with even a standard first aid kit and so Jo rushed to bandage me up with what was available: paper towel and duct tape. I got a little light headed. ('cause I thought I saw some of the bone in my finger and I didn't want to deal with needles for freezing or for stitching) Everyone wanted me to go to the hospital but I refused to go because let's face it I was not going to walk into the hospital with a cut and have them say how did this happen? I cut myself with a spoon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?